Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day Three : Yoga Pants, And... Only... If...But...

So on Day Two I did watch Brittany's TED Talk video as part of my 100 Days of New Body Practice. I laughed, cried, and cheered for her.  What she did shouldn't have to be seen as brave, but growing up on the beaches of Southern California I know how well it was. I can't remember the last time I've been without my cover-up whilst at the shore. (See being of my size and shape makes me automatically odd and begs me to use terms like "whilst at the shore.") I just don't fit in in my home town. I am not sure I will venture out on a bike in a bikini anytime soon, but it did give me inspiration.

 On her blog,  Hanne Blank talked about going through her closet and evaluating her workout gear. Ha! About the only thing I've found myself wearing lately is yoga pants. I live in Los Angeles and can totally get away with it. Even after getting rid the grubbies I have a stack of black yoga pants that mimics the Tower of Pisa. Starting tomorrow, I am going to limit my yoga pant wearing to exercise. 

Just a few years ago I was featured in a USA Today Weekend Edition as a "Super Mom" and wrote on beauty. Let's not get into the fact that when they saw my snapshot they decided not to send a photographer to do a shoot. But, what has happened to me? Why the hell isn't my inner beauty shining?

While I haven't found the on-line post of the issue, I did find an humorous blog in response to it. Just to let you know- I was the "Let Your Inner Beauty Shine" super mom. I guess I am just going to have to take a photo of my hard copy.

I digress. For the next 98 days I will dress for work. Okay, I might dress in Yoga Pants on Mondays, when we have an hour long dance class by another amazing woman, Jane Glaser from The Los Angeles Music Center, but only if I really plan to dance, really dance. Oh, and on Thursdays, but only if I keep my promise and go walking with the walking group after school. And...but...if... only.... This may be the most challenging New Body Practice! 


1 comment:

  1. I'll just put it out there that I am continually amazed and impressed by the clothing choices you make- silouettes and patterns I would never wear in a million years. For me it has little to do with body-image and more about wanting to be completely invisible so no hot chick dresses, no patterns.

    ReplyDelete